We're ringing in 2017, and with it, picking things back up on Wedding Newsday. To kick things off, we've rounded up some of our favorite recent posts all with engagement season in mind. Whether you're celebrating or hosting a celebration for someone else, here are some of our fave new party ideas from around the web.
1. Apple Walnut Cocktail. Face it: You're not going outside in this weather. If you're having an engagement party during the winter months, make sure your drinks match the mood: A warming whiskey cocktail pairs perfectly with warm apple cider doughnuts. (Home Speakeasy)
2. Birdcage Veil. Can you believe it? This really is DIY! We love the couture look of this pretty veil. (Remember: If you're making something that you plan to wear on your wedding day, give yourself plenty of time to get it perfect. In other words, start now!) (Adventures in Dressmaking)
3. Party Blowers. It's an oldie but a goodie. We love these cute party blowers (perfect for an engagement party) that you could easily make match your theme by switching up the paper patterns. (Martha Stewart)
4. Gold-Dipped Stemware. Step up your engagement party (or your next dinner party) instantly with these pretty champagne flutes. They'd also be perfect as toasting flutes during your reception. (Honestly WTF)
5. Cranberry Spice White Sangria. Just because it's winter doesn't mean you have to forgo all of your favorite summery drinks. You just need to modify the recipe a bit. (Backyard Bartender)